- Image Checklist: This checklist will help you select photos and images that challenge gender stereotypes. It can be used when developing resources and promotional material such as websites, brochures, posters and flyers.
- What are gender stereotypes: This fact sheet will give you an introduction about what stereotypes are by providing you with some definitions and examples of gender stereotypes.
- How to avoid gender stereotypes: This fact sheet will provide you with some tips on how to avoid gender stereotypes within your home, service or classroom.
- Language that breaks down gender stereotypes: This fact sheet will provide you with some tips about language that helps break down stereotypes. It will give you prompts on how to respond to comments and how to ask the right questions.
- Talking about respectful relationships: This fact sheet will provide you with some tips and information about respectful relationships, showing respect and being a good friend.
- Boyfriend-Girlfriend Language: This fact sheet is about why mixed-gender friendships are important, why boyfriend/girlfriend language (such as “is that your boyfriend?” “look at you and your girlfriend together, aren’t you cute!”) can be harmful, and strategies to manage it.
- Your Words Matter: This fact sheet will provide you with simple phrases that are equitable.
- You Can’t Be What You Can’t See Comms Guide: This guide accompanies the ‘You Can’t Be What You Can’t See’ poster series found here, with some tips on how to share it with your friends, family and community, including a guide for social media accounts.
- New and Expecting Parents Guide: This guide will provide you with practical tips about language, gift receiving, importance of self reflection and more.
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt: This fact sheet is a great activity that avoids gender stereotypes. The bonus is that you can create a new scavenger hunt weekly. It’s a good way to keep the children busy while promoting active play.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
Contact Level Playground today to find out how!